Monday, September 25, 2006

Tonights Prayer "Tired"

This weekend you gave me the opportunity to lead worship at a Jr. high retreat. I had a blast, it was like I was doing what I am created to do. I love working with youth, it just brings me joy. But now back to reality. I had to go back to work this morning, at my "real job". I hated it. All day long I just wanted to leave and never go back. I am so tired of working because I have to pay the bills. When can I work because I love it again. I miss those days so much. I know I am the one that screwed it up. Please give me away to be happy at work again, no matter what I am doing.

Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working to pay the bills sucks. Working becuase you love it is a different story. I know you know that God forgives no matter how you screw up. God's plan may not be revealed to you yet, but your prayer is exactly what it needs to be. God work in me so that I can find joy in the plans you have for me.


Jeremiah 29:11


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "

plans to prosper you and not to harm you,

plans to give you hope and a future."


Sometimes these words seem hollow, but trust and reside in the Lord.

scott said...

i am the first one to understand that in some way the bad emotions always out do good emotions. find some kind of good in everything you do and remember that your daughter and wife know the sacrifices you are making to get them where they want to be. you are doing something far greater than pleasing yourself right now...you are putting yourself aside. there has to be good in that!

Sean Walker said...

So tough bro! I hurt with you.

But take joy in what you are doing for your family. It's not always fun, but what you're doing is an honorable thing. In a world where lots of fathers can't even spell the word "love" you are a living example of one who LIVES a life of love for your wife, your daughter, your family, and your friends.

I hope I'm half the father and husbad you are. You've taught me SO MUCH by your example.

Heath Hudspeth said...

Hey man. I feel your pain. Remember that the trials that we face are to make us more complete (James 1:2). No one could ever doubt that your heart is to serve the Lord and to help youth find that same path. Be patient because I know that God has great plans for you. You will be in my prayers.

Justin said...

Thanks everyone for your advice and prayers. It is awesome to know that ya'll are there for me. It has helped me through this not so fun situation.