Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Any Advice

This one goes out to ALL the readers of this blog. I need some advice. I would tell you what decisions I have to make and ask your input, but that is not the type of advice I need. Usually when someone asks for advice they get advised on what decision to make rather than how to make the right decision. In all honesty I don’t think either decision is going to be the wrong one in this case. I want to make the best decision not just the right one. So here is what I ask of you. How do you make the best decision? What factors do you weigh in? What factors do you leave out? What has worked out well for you when you are faced with a big decision?


Any advice will be appreciated. It doesn’t have to be long winded and eloquent. I know a lot of people with much more wisdom than me read this blog so I look forward to hearing from you. If you don’t want to give your advice in comment form on this post, please just email me at jtbarefoothunter@gmail.com


Thanks for your input,
JT

5 comments:

scott said...

Dedicate one decision to heads and the other decision to tails. Flip a coin. Let the coin fall on the ground. It will either be heads or tails. There is your decision!

Johnny E! said...

You must first factor God into the equation. He will ultimatly guide you on the path you need to go. Then factor in your family, will it be good for them, because remember there is no such thing as a decision for yourself anymore now that you are a daddy. Lastly, is it something that you will enjoy, b/c anthing can seem cool for a while, but is it something you are passionate about that you will never lose your love for. If each element meets these critia, then go with Scott's idea! BUT always trust the Lord.

Justin said...

I like how you include passion into the equation. I hadn't factored that one in yet. Thanks johnny e
You da man

Oh yeah and scott, if all else fails I will go with the coin toss.

Johnny E! said...

Congrats on the house bro! Now we have someplace to crash when we come to Laf now, since mom and dad are selling the house...you sure you don't want to buy that?

Justin said...

Come on over, we might even have a guest bedroom you can crash in.

Oh, and about your parents. I Wish!