Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hunting

Well it is the first full day of the freezer run this year. I am in Foard county Texas hoping to take the deer of a lifetime. Of course that is not my only objective. I would like to fill my freezer too. With luck or should I say with God's blessings I would like to take home 3 deer (1 buck 2 does) and a hand full of hogs. A dozen or so cotton tails would be nice as well. We got in yesterday after leaving Lafayette at 1:30 AM with enough time to hunt the afternoon. It was hot and unsuccessful for me. Dad and uncle Russell both killed a hog. The weather changed over night it is now a lot colder and the wind is screaming out of the north. Just saw a nice buck this morning while I was typing the first half, but not quite what I am looking for. Maybe this afternoon the wind will die down and I will get to pull the trigger on a big one  

1 comments:

scott said...

Gotta love a freezer run! Good to see that you are doing your part to provide for your family.